Dialog – UoR 5G Innovation Centre invites applications for the position of Research Assistant (RA) in Cybersecurity and Data Science domains. A successful candidate will be assigned to a project on botnet attack detection in IoT networks. The project aims to detect and identify different stages of botnet attacks on IoT devices using data mining and machine learning techniques. The candidate will get exposure in latest trends of cyber security and data science. He/She further has the option to work towards a MPhil/PhD degree in parallel to the project.
Research Assistant has the following responsibilities.
- Develop an IoT testbed to deploy and validate any proposing security solutions
- Program botnet attacks in a secure environment to generate dataset and test any proposing security solutions
- Develop a framework to detect and identify botnet attacks on IoT networks
- Test and validate the performance of the proposed framework
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the framework and critically analyze any limitations
- Assist in the translation of any viable security solution to Dialog
- Prepare documentation of the work and generate research papers to be submitted to reputed conferences and/or journals.
For Research Assistant Position:
- A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with honors in a relevant area.
- Keen interest in the research domains of; cyber security, network security and privacy, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data mining, and Internet of Things.
- Hands on experience in data science (mainly in machine learning and data mining) will be an added advantage.
- Cover letter
- CV with two references
Contact Dr. Kushan Sudheera from Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, via firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.