PhD (Birmingham, U.K.), MPhil (U.K), MSc (U.K.), BSc (Hon) (U.K.)
Dr. Nisabha Dharmasiri Jayasundere has been working as a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering since 2007. He is the author of several papers and supervise several undergraduate projects every academic year. He graduated from The City University, London, U.K., (1976-1979) He has obtained a MSc in Microwaves and Modern Optics (1980-1981) and a MPhil in Electronic and Electrical Engineering (1981-1983) from the Electronic and Electrical Engineering Department, University College London , U.K. He obtained his PhD in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, (1993-1997). He has extensive research experience in University research in the UK in the areas of Electromagnetic Antenna”s and Wave Propagation, Acoustic Composite and Anisotropic Material, Acoustic Scattering, Acoustic Near Field Visualization, Finite Element and Boundary Element Modeling, and Scattering from Buried and Proud targets in the sea bed.
- Sensor Technology and Applications
- GPS Tracking Systems for Land and Sea
- Underwater Devices and Communications
- Biomedical engineering
- Sign language interpreters and Sinhala short hand character recognition
- EE2202 Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- EE3301 Analog Electronics
- EE4204 Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- EE5305 Sensors, Transducers and Measurement Techniques
- EE6232 Photonic Devices
- EE7212 Introduction to Research
-  Victor Humphrey, Lian Sheng Wang, and Nisabha Jayasundere; “Modeling and Measurement of Backscattering from Partially Water-Filled Cylindrical Shells” in Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Underwater Acoustic Measurements, Technologies and Results, Napflion, Greece, 21 – 26, June 2009.
-  Ph. Blondel, N. G. Pace, N. Jayasundere, M. Cosci, J. M. Hovem, M. A. Larsen, “Multiple-aspect scattering (MAS) measurements”, in Buried Waste in the Seabed, Acoustic Imaging and Bio-toxicity, (Results from the European SITAR project), Ph. Blondel and A. Caiti (eds), Chapter 3, p.19-24, Springer-Praxis, 2007.ISBN: 3-540-28120-7
-  Ph. Blondel, N. Jayasundere, P. F Dobbins, M. Cosci, “Scaled multiple-aspect scattering tank experiments”, in Buried Waste in the Seabed, Acoustic Imaging and Bio-toxicity, (Results from the European SITAR project), Ph. Blondel and A. Caiti (eds), Chapter 8, p.73-78, Springer-Praxis, 2007. ISBN: 3-540-28120-7
-  Ph. Blondel,D Fang, A Smith, N. Jayasundere, “High-Frequency Bistatic Imaging of Proud Targets ” Influence of Target Orientation and Target Type”, Proceedings 2nd International Conference & Exhibition on “Underwater Acoustic Measurements: Technologies & Results, p 133-140,2007.
-  M. Cosci, A. Caiti, P. Blondel, N. Jayasundere; “Potential Algorithm for Target Classification in Bistatic Sonar Geometries”, in Boundary influences in high frequency, shallow water acoustics” (N. G. Pace, P. Blondel eds), pp.367-374, University of Bath, U.K. 5th – 9th September 2005
-  Ph. Blondel, P.F. Dobbins, N. Jayasundere, M. Cosci; “High-frequency bistatic scattering experiments using proud and buried targets”, in “Experimental Acoustic Inversion Techniques in Shallow Water” (A. Caiti, R.Chapman, S. Jesus and J.P. Hermand eds.), Kluwer Academic Press, 2004. ISBN -10: 1402043724, ISBN -13: 978-1402043727
-  Ph Blondel, P. F Dobbins, N. Jayasundere, M. Cosci, “Multistatic Sonars: Theory, Experiments and Buried Object Detection”, SeaTechWeek. In Situ Seabed Characterization Workshop Proceedings, Brest, France, October 2004.
-  Ph. Blondel, M. Cosci, P.F. Dobbins,N. Jayasundere; “Bistatic Sonars- Theory, Applications and Potential for Underwater Archaeology”, in “The Application of Recent Advances in Underwater Detection and Survey Techniques to Underwater Archaeology” (T. Akal, R.D. Ballard, G.F. Bass, eds.), pp. 161, Kluwer Academic Press, July 2004. ISBN 0970709420, 9780970709424
-  V.F. Humphrey, N. Jayasundere, M. Dench and P.A. Chinnery; “Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Scattering by Partially Fluid-Filled Cylindrical Shells”, Proceedings of the Seventh European Conference in Underwater Acoustics, ECUA 2004, Delft, Netherlands, 5-8 July, 2004, pp.463.
-  P.F. Dobbins, N. Jayasundere and Ph. Blondel; “Multiple-Aspect Imaging of Seafloor Targets- Analysis of Tank Experiment Datasets “, Proceedings of the Seventh European Conference in Underwater Acoustics, ECUA 2004, Delft, Netherlands, 5-8 July, 2004, pp.469
-  N. Jayasundere and Ph. Blondel; “Multistatic Imaging of Multiple Targets- Scaled Tank Experiments with a Silt Seabed” , Proceedings of the Seventh European Conference in Underwater Acoustics, ECUA 2004, Delft, Netherlands, 5-8 July, 2004, Poster.
-  Kara, H., Ramesh, R., Stevens, R., Jayasundere, N., Humphrey, V. and Bowen, C.R. “Hydrophone arrays assembled from PZT ceramic foams” , Integrated Ferroelectrics, 63, 2004, 201-6
-  J. Gong, N. Jayasundere, T.S.M. Maclean and Z. Wu; “Scattering by a perfectly conducting finite size vertical rectangular plate” , IEE Proceedings-H, 138 (2), pp.137-141, April 1991.pp.2441-2448, Stockholm (Sweden), 2003.
-  N. Jayasundere and V.F. Humphrey; “Numerical Forward and Backward Propagation of Measured Acoustic Fields” , Proceedings of the Fifth European Conference in Underwater Acoustics, ECUA 2000, Lyon, France, vol. 2, pp.1379-1384.
-  N. Jaysundere, B.V. Smith and J.R. Dunn; “Piezoelectric constant for binary piezoelectric 0-3 connectivity composites and the effect of mixed connectivity” , J. Appl. Phys, 76 (5), pp.2993-2998, September 1994.
-  N. Jayasundere, B.V. Smith, J.R.Dunn; “Analytic Model for 0-3 Connectivity Piezoelectric Composites” Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, Vol. 15, Pt. 6, 1993, “Acoustics of Advanced Materials for Underwater Applications” , pp.68-77.
-  D.E. Eliades , N.Jayasundere; “Path Integral Analysis of Propagation of Radio Waves over Obstacles” , Proc. 3rd IEE Bangor Symposium on Communications, University of Wales,29-30 May 1991.
-  J. Gong, N. Jayasundere, T.S.M. Maclean and Z. Wu; “Scattering by a perfectly conducting finite size vertical rectangular plate” , IEE Proceedings-H, 138 (2), pp.137-141, April 1991.
-  N. Jayasundere and T.S.M. Maclean; “Omnidirectional Radiation Patterns from Body Mounted Microstrip Antennas”, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Antennas and Propagation, ICAP 89, University of Warwick, 407 April 1989.
-  Z. Wu, T.S.M. Maclean, N. Jayasundere, L.J. Carter and A.G. Williamson; “Recovery Effect in Radiowave Propagation”, Electronics Letters, 26 (3), pp.162-163, February 1990.
-  N. Jayasundere and L. J. Bond, “Ultrasonic Transducer Standards”, Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Volume 2A, Section 25, pp 1807-1824, Springer US, 1983. DOI 10.1007/978-1-4613-3706-5_121, Print ISBN 978-1-4613-3708-9, Online ISBN 978-1-4613-3706-5
-  L.J. Bond, N. Jayasundere, D.A. Sinclair and I.R. Smith; “Investigation of Ultrasonic Transducers as used for Non-Destructive Testing” , Proceedings Review of Progress in Quantative NDE, Vol. 1, Plenum, 1982