MSc (Agder, Norway), BScEng (Hons)(Ruhuna, Sri Lanka), IEEE, PES, IESL
Harsha Walpita is a Lecturer attached to Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna since 2015. He obtained his B.Sc. degree specialized in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka, in 2011. After his graduation he got the opportunity to become a temporary lecturer in the same department he studied, which has led him to academia. In 2013, he received a scholarship to pursue his M.Sc. Degree in Renewable Energy at University of Agder, Norway. He completed his Master’s degree, Summa Cum Laude and became the best Master’s candidate at the faculty for the year 2015.
- Renewable Energy
- Smart Grid Technologies
- Electrical Machines
- Power Electronics
- Power System Engineering
- EE3304 Power Systems I
- EE5208 Renewable Energy
- EE6303 Electric Machines II
- EE6207 Power System Analysis
- CE6251 Building Service Engineering
- H. W. H. L. Walpita, “Decentralized Scheduling of Demand Response Enabled Domestic Loads Using Different Optimization Techniques.” Master’s thesis, Universitetet i Agder/University of Agder, 2015.
Indexed Peer Reviewed Full Length Conference Papers
- F. Raziya, M. Afnaz, S. Jesudason, I. Ranaweera and H. Walpita, , MPPT Technique Based on Perturb and Observe Method for PV Systems Under Partial Shading Conditions, Moratuwa Engineering Research Conference (MERCon), July 2019. – Best paper award in the track “Power Systems, Electrical Machines and High Voltage Engineering”, DOI: 10.1109/MERCon.2019.8818684.
- H. W.H.L. Walpita, B.M.M. Buddhika, M.H.N.U. Kumara and P.K.S. Fernando, “Remote Power Line Monitoring System.”, The Institute of Engineers and Technology Young Professionals Section, 2011 IET YPS Annual Technical Conference, Dec 2011.
Local Research Forums
- P. A.T. Janaraj, N.M.A.U. Madusanka, M.K.U. Sandarenu and H.W.H.L. Walpita, “Performance Analysis of an LED Based Underwater Visible Light Communication (UVLC) System”, Annual Research Symposium, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, January 2018.
- R. M.S.P. Rathnayaka, D.D.C.D. Rupasinghe, S.D.R.D. Samaraweera and H.W.H.L. Walpita, “Performance Analysis of an LED based Visible Light Communication System for Indoor Data Transmission.”, Annual Research Symposium, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, January 2017.
- R. P. S. Chandrasena and H.W.H.L. Walpita, ‘Electronic Load Controller with a Novel Phase Balancing Configuration to Enhance the Efficacy of the Micro-Hydro Generator’, 14th Academic Sessions, University of Ruhuna, 2017.
- Sports Advisory Board Member (2015-2019)
- Statens Lånekasse Scholarship from the Norwegian government to pursue to the Master of Science in Renewable Energy programme at the University of Agder from 2013 to 2015.
- Best Master’s candidate award of University of Agder for the year 2015