PhD (Reading, Moratuwa), MSc (Norway), BScEng (Hons) (Ruhuna), IEEE, AM-IESL
Mr. W. N. B. A. Geeth Priyankara has been a lecturer attached to the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering since 2016. He received his B.Sc. (First Class Honors) degree in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka, in 2008, and the M.Sc. Degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) from University of Agder (UiA), Norway, in 2016. He also has industrial experience as a Senior Engineer at Lanka Bell Ltd in Wimax and Microwave Network for five years (2008 – 2013).
- G. P. Wijesiri N.B.A., “DTMC Modeling and Performance Evaluation of LTE-U Medium Access Mechanisms Enhancement of FBE.” MSc thesis, University of Agder, Norway, May, 2016.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- G. P. Wijesiri N. B. A, J. Haapola and T. Samarasinghe, “The Effect of Concurrent Multi-Priority Data Streams on the MAC Layer Performance of IEEE 802.11p and C-V2X Mode 4,“ in IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 592-605, Jan. 2022, doi: 10.1109/TCOMM.2021.3119703
- G. P. Wijesiri, N. B. A., J. Haapola, and T. Samarasinghe, “A discrete-time Markov chain based comparison of the MAC layer performance of C-V2X Mode4and IEEE 802.11p,”IEEE Transactions on Communications,vol. 69, no.4, pp. 2505–2517, Apr. 2021.
Indexed Peer Reviewed Full Length Conference Papers
- G. P. Wijesiri N. B. A., J. Haapola, and T. Samarasinghe, “The effect of multiple access categories on the MAC layer performance of IEEE 802.11p,” in Proc. IEEE Global Communication Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, Dec. 2020.
- G. P. Wijesiri N.B.A., J. Haapola, and T. Samarasinghe, “A Markov Perspective on C-V2X Mode 4 “, in Proc. Vehicular technology conference (VTC) Fall 2019, Hawaii, USA, Sep. 2019.
- Geeth P. Wijesiri N.B.A. and Frank Y. Li , “Frame Based Equipment Medium Access in LTE-U: Mechanism and Enhancement and DTMC Modeling”, in Proc. IEEE Global Communication Conference (GLOBECOM), Singapore, Dec., 2017.
- Geeth P. Wijesiri N.B.A. and Frank Y. Li, “Enabling Backoff and Eliminating Redundant Idle Period for Medium Access in LTE-U”, in Proc. for IEEE 86rd Vehicular Technology Conference, Toronto, Canada, Sep. 2017.
- G. P. Wijesiri N.B.A., S. S. Chowdhury and F. Y. Li, “Energy Harvesting-Aware Backoff Algorithms for Distributed Device-to-Device Communication,” in Proc. IEEE 83rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), pp. 1-5, Nanjing, China, May, 2016.
Local Research Forums
- C. Seneviratne, I.B. Hewanayake, A.K.U. Ranasinghe, A.M.A.L. Gunaratne, and W.N.B.A.G. Priyankara, in Proc. “An Intelligent Traffic Sign Recognition System for Sri Lankan Drivers”, IET 26th Annual Technical Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2019. (2nd Best Paper Award)
- K.S.M.R. Sanjeewa, W.N.B.A.G. Priyankara, S.S. Manawadu, P.G.V. Buddhika “Sending SMS via PSTN, using Cordless Phone” in Proc. IET Annual Technical Conference Present Around the World 2008, Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, Aug., 2008.
- W.N.B.A.G. Priyankara, C. Seneviratne, I.B. Hewanayake, A. K. U. Ranasinghe, A.M.A.L. Gunaratne, “An Imagery based Automatic Traffic Sign Detection Method for Sri Lankan Road System”, 16th Academic Sessions, University of Ruhuna, 2019.
- P.G.D.D. Gunarathne, R.A.G. Nilanga, T.M.K. Tennakoon, W.N.B.A.G. Priyankara “Handover Mechanism for Device-to-Device Communication: Enhancement and Performance Evaluation”, 5th Annual Research Symposium of Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, 2018.
- Lanekassen Scholarship for MSc in ICT at University of Agder, Norway, 2014.
- Service excellence award on Lanka Bell Ltd in year 2011/2012.
- Appreciation award for dedication and commitment towards obtaining ISO 9001:2008.
- Quality Management Systems Certification to Lanka Bell Ltd in 2010