MBA (Reading, PIM (USJ)), BSc. Eng. (Hons) (Ruhuna) IEEE, ECSL, IESL
Gayani Rathnasekara is a Lecturer attached to the Dept. of Electrical and Information Engineering. She earned her BSc. Eng. (Honors) degree from Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka in 2019. She was a member of the Final Year Project that won the Best Undergraduate Project in the department in 2018. She has worked as a student instructor at the same faculty. Also, she was an active member engaging in numerous faculty events of EIES, IEEE, IESL, Sports club, and Announcing during her undergraduate studies.
Gayani Rathnasekara was a Senior Engineer who served as a Project Lead at Axiata Digital Labs in her previous employment. She has industry experience in software engineering, business analysis, and project management. Currently, she is pursuing her Master of Business Administration degree at the Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Emerging renewable and sustainable energy technologies
- Power system designing and analysis
- Smart grids
- Micro grids
- Optimization techniques
Papers in Local Research Forums
- R.M.G.P.Rathnasekara, K.R.S.M. Rathnasinghe, T.P.K.Gamage, W.G.C.A. Sankalpa, “Low-Cost Eco-friendly Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Prototyping Machine”, IET-PATW, Faculty of Engineering, UOR, 2019.
- W.G.C.A. Sankalpa, T.P.K.Gamage, R.M.G.P.Rathnasekara, K.R.S.M. Rathnasinghe, “Accuracy of the Three Axes of a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Prototype Machine”, 6th Annual Research Symposium, Faculty of Engineering, UOR, 2019.
Talks and presentations
- “Low-Cost Eco-friendly Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Prototyping Machine”, ENG. E W Karunarathna Award – 2018 / 2019 Presentations for the Selection of Best Undergraduate Project in Electrical Engineering, IESL, 2019
- Was a former Secretary of Telecommunication Circle (EIES), and an event organizing committee member of IEEE, and IESL at the department during undergraduate
- Was a leader and a team player in Inter Faculty Sports Tournaments during undergraduate
- Was a key announcer at inter and intra faculty events and an active member of Gavel club, and ‘Gaweshakayo’ during undergraduate