Dinuwanthi Welmilla is a Lecturer attached to the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering since 2021. She obtained her BSc. Eng. degree in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka with First Class Honours in 2020. She has been awarded the Vice Chancellor’s Gold Medal for the best Engineering graduate in academics, extracurricular and co-curricular activities. Also, she was awarded in Dean’s list for the best Engineering undergraduate in 2017,2018. She is an Associate Member of the Institute of Engineers in Sri Lanka and the Sri Lanka Energy Managers Association.
She worked as a student instructor, a temporary instructor at the same department. She was a lecturer at the Department of Electrical, Electronic, and Telecommunication Engineering in Sir John Kotelawala Defence University.
She is the first chairperson of the Woman Engineering Affinity group in IEEE in the Ruhuna chapter. Also an active member in AIESEC in Ruhuna. While holding captaincies, she engaged in many sports with international, national achievements and was awarded SLUSA colors, Best player and colors at the university. She gained many achievements in international level and national level competitions organized by IEEE and IET. And she is the treasurer of EarthMates nations club.
- Renewable energy integration with power system.
- Optimization and controlling of integrating modules with the power system.
- Energy and environment.
- Inverters and converters.
- Voltage regulation in distribution grids with PV systems.
- Electrical Installation I
- Electrical Installation II
- High Voltage Engineering
- Power System Protection
- Power System Analysis
Papers in Local Research Forums
- Design and Control of a Grid-Tied Single-Phase Voltage Source Inverter with a Hybrid Boosting Topology in 7th Annual Research Symposium, University of Ruhuna, ARS October 2020.
Talks and presentations:
- Design and Control of a Grid-Tied Single-Phase Voltage Source Inverter with a Hybrid Boosting Topology in Eng. E W Karunarathne Award – 2019/2020.
- First chairperson of Women in Engineering (WIE) affinity group, IEEE Ruhuna chaper 2019.
- Organizing Committee President in AIESEC in Ruhuna for the international exchange project ‘Feel the Nature 1.1’ (2017).
- Delegate, volunteer of IEEE National Conference 2019.
- Delegate & volunteer of National Expansion Conference 2016 (ExCon 1.0) of AIESEC in Sri Lanka.
- Treasurer of EarthMates national club 2020-2022.
- Team lead of Carrom, Tennis, Table Tennis in university and faculty level.
- Design and Publicity team member in IEEE WIE International Leadership Summit 2017.
- Member of Sri Lankan team and participated in ‘Skinfield International Triangular Carrom Tournament’ in Bangalore, India in 2008.
- Team member of Three Lanka Project; Developing course material for ‘Small Hydro Power Plant, Installation, Commissioning, and Maintenance procedure’
- Vice Chancellor’s Gold Medal for the best Engineering graduate in academics, extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Dean’s list for the best Engineering undergraduate in 2017, 2018.
- Winners of IEEE Region 10 (International level) video contest 2019 based on undergraduate projects.
- First Runner up in Nurturing Intelligence for Curious Engineers (NICE) competition 2019, Institute of Engineering and technology (IET).
- Contestant of IET Young Woman Engineer of the year-2021.
- Won best actor for the ‘Sanhida Pranama’ media day Stage Drama competition in 2005.
- Sri Lanka University Sports Association (SLUSA) colors in Carrom.
- University ‘Best Player’ in 2017, 2019 and university colors in 2016, 2018, Kegalle zonal and School colors in Carrom.
- National, University level, Faculty level achievements in Carrom, Tennis, Table Tennis.
- Faculty level achievements in Basketball, Kabaddi, Netball, Carrom, Tennis, Table Tennis and school level achievements in Carrom, Table Tennis, Cricket, Elle, Scrabbling.