UWB Radio Sensing Platform for Non-Contact Vital Signs Monitoring Bandulasena B.N.M., Hansini M.A., Kahawewidana K.W.P.P, Seneviratne C. K. W., Amaranath K., Gamage J. The objective of this project is to use Ultra Wide Band (UWB) radar technology, advanced signal processing techniques and Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms to develop a medical platform to track patient’s vital…
PhD (Calgary, Canada), MEng. (AIT, Thailand), BScEng (Hons) (Ruhuna)
Dr Chatura Seneviratne is a Senior Lecturer attached to the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering,University Ruhuna, Sri Lanka since March, 2018. He received his B.Sc. Eng. degree in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of Ruhuna and the M.Eng. degree in Information and Communications Technologies from the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He completed his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering in the University of Calgary, Canada.He subsequently completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the University of Calgary and worked on a chaos-based covert signaling project funded by the Office of Naval Research (ONR), USA.
Dr Chatura has gained industrial experience as a software engineer in IFS R&D International Limited and a telecommunication engineer in ZTE Lanka Telecommunication (Private) Limited. He also has worked as a Research Scientist in Complex System Inc., Calgary, Canada. Dr Chatura has served on numerous international conference and workshop organizing committees.
- EE 3205: Signals and Systems
- EE 4301 : Communication Systems 1
- EO/IR based Maritime Surveillance System for Sri Lanka. (Funding Source: TRCSL (Rs.500000))- ongoing.
- Fast Uplink Grants – An adaptation of artificial intelligence system for machine type communications. (Funding Source: TRCSL (Rs.500000)) – ongoing
- AI Enabled Radio Sensors for Body Borne Object Detection and Classification (Funding Source: AHEAD funds through TTO, University of Ruhuna. (Rs.1075000))-ongoing.