PhD (Reading, Germany), MSc (Nottingham, Oviedo, Coimbra), BScEng (Hons) (Ruhuna), CIMA Adv. Dip. MA (UK), IEEE (student member), AMIE(SL)
+94 77 454 70 42
Anuradha Mudalige is a lecturer attached to the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering since 2020. He obtained his first degree specializing in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka with First Class Honours in 2016. In 2019, he obtained the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Sustainable Transportation and Electrical Power Systems, in which he completed studies at the University of Nottingham (UK), University of Oveido (Spain) and Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra (Portugal). He conducted his master thesis research attached to the Power Electronics, Machines and Control (PEMC) research group of the University of Nottingham. Mr. Anuradha was the recipient of S.D. Jayasundere memorial Gold Medal (University of Ruhuna, 2016) and the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship – Category A (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Union, 2017)
Prior to joining the department, Mr. Anuradha was employed as an Electrical Engineer at Yugadanavi 300MW Combined Cycle Power Plant, LTL Holdings (Pvt.) Ltd. He holds an Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting awarded by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA-UK).
His research interests include control of electrical machines and drives, power systems modelling and analysis, optimization, and grid integration of renewable energy systems. He is a reviewer in IEEE transactions on Power Electronics.
Anuradha is currently reading for his doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering at the Chair of Power Electronics, Kiel University, Germany. He is a researcher within the WinGrid project, which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 861398. He conducts a collaborative research in collaboration with six other universities (Imperial College London – UK, University of Warwick – UK, University College Dublin – Ireland, Technical University of Denmark – Denmark, Aalborg University – Denmark and Tel Aviv University – Israel) and industrial partners of the WinGrid consortium.
- Grid integration of renewable energy systems
- Power systems modelling and analysis
- Control of electrical machines and drives
- EE4303 Digital Electronics
- EE6302 Control System Design
- EE5305 Sensors and Transducers
- EE5208 Renewable Energy
- EE5206 Software Project
- Anuradha Mudalige, “Comparative Analysis between Three Level NPC Inverter and Dual Inverter Motor Drives for SPM Synchronous Machines”, Master thesis, University of Nottingham-UK, University of Oviedo-Spain, 2019. (https://digibuo.uniovi.es/dspace/handle/10651/52856)
Indexed Peer Reviewed Full Length Conference Papers
- A. Mudalige, N. Jayasundere, K. De Silva, M. Mithila and T. Weerarathna, “Plantar Pressure Profiler for Medical Diagnostics,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), Galle, 2016, pp. 1-5.doi:10.1109/ICIAFS.2016.7946561
- A. Mudalige, N. Jayasundere, K. De Silva, M. Mithila, “Plantar Pressure Monitoring System for Diabetic Patients”, IET Present Around the World 2016, Annual Technical Conference, Sri Lanka.
Local Research Forums
- A. Mudalige, K. De Silva, M. Mithila “Calibration of FSR Sensors and Development of Data Acquisition Systems for Sensor Array Applications”, Annual Research Symposium 2016, Faculty of Engineering University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
- A. Mudalige, K. De Silva, M. Mithila “Smart Energy Metering System for Sri Lankan Context”, Annual Research Symposium 2015, Faculty of Engineering University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
- Reviewer in IEEE transactions on Power Electronics.
- Reviewer in IEEE Workshop on the Electronic Grid (eGrid).
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher, European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 861398.
- Erasmus Mundus scholarship (Category A), Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission, 2017
- D. Jayasundere memorial Gold Medal for the Best performance in the final year undergraduate projects in the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka, 2016