+94 77 454 70 42
Mr. Anuradha Mudalige is a lecturer attached to the Department of Electrical and Information Engineering since 2020. He obtained his first degree specializing in Electrical and Information Engineering from the University of Ruhuna with First Class Honours in 2016. In 2019, he obtained the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Sustainable Transportation and Electrical Power Systems, in which he completed studies at the University of Nottingham (UK), University of Oveido (Spain) and Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra (Portugal). He conducted his master thesis research attached to the Power Electronics, Machines and Control (PEMC) research group of the University of Nottingham. Mr. Anuradha was the recipient of S.D. Jayasundere memorial Gold Medal (University of Ruhuna, 2016) and the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship – Category A (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency of the European Union, 2017)
Prior to joining the department, Mr. Anuradha was employed as an Electrical Engineer at Yugadanavi 300MW Combined Cycle Power Plant, LTL Holdings (Pvt.) Ltd. He holds an Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting awarded by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA-UK).
His research interests include control of electrical machines and drives, power systems modelling and analysis, optimization, and grid integration of renewable energy systems. He is a reviewer in IEEE transactions on Power Electronics.
- Grid integration of renewable energy systems
- Power systems modelling and analysis
- Control of electrical machines and drives
- EE4303 Digital Electronics
- EE6302 Control System Design
- EE5305 Sensors and Transducers
- EE5208 Renewable Energy
- EE5206 Software Project
- Mudalige, N. Jayasundere, K. De Silva, M. Mithila and T. Weerarathna, “Plantar Pressure Profiler for Medical Diagnostics,” 2016 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability (ICIAfS), Galle, 2016, pp. 1-5.doi:10.1109/ICIAFS.2016.7946561
- Mudalige, N. Jayasundere, K. De Silva, M. Mithila, “Plantar Pressure Monitoring System for Diabetic Patients”, IET Present Around the World 2016, Annual Technical Conference, Sri Lanka.
- Mudalige, K. De Silva, M. Mithila “Calibration of FSR Sensors and Development of Data Acquisition Systems for Sensor Array Applications”, Annual Research Symposium 2016, Faculty of Engineering University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
- Mudalige, K. De Silva, M. Mithila “Smart Energy Metering System for Sri Lankan Context”, Annual Research Symposium 2015, Faculty of Engineering University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka.
- Comparative Analysis between Three Level NPC Inverter and Dual Inverter Motor Drives for SPM Synchronous Machines. (https://digibuo.uniovi.es/dspace/handle/10651/52856)