Electrical and Information Engineering Society (EIES) is the main society within the department that consists of the academic staff and students. The academic staff of the department facilitates to EIES as an advisory board and the students lead each activity organized by the society. The goal of the Electrical and Information Engineering Society is to upgrade student’s life in the department allowing them to improve not only academic and technical skills but also their leadership interpersonal and professional qualities. Some of the specific activities carried out by the EIES include:
- Holding Annual General Meeting to elect office bearers for a tenure of 12 months.
- Organizing guest lectures by inviting key personnel from the industry and research organizations.
- Organizing workshops to junior students who have entered to Electrical and Information Engineering stream as their field of specialization.
- Organizing charity work to promote and encourage students of serving underprivileged sectors of the society.
- Conducting “XbotiX” every year, collaborating with IEEE Student Branch University of Ruhuna, IET Ruhuna Chapter and MMESS.
- Organizing workshops for school children.